SOLVED

Will Flow Step Add to Engagement Program Change Streams?

Go to solution
Will_Raleigh
Level 2

Will Flow Step Add to Engagement Program Change Streams?

I have a campaign that runs nightly and leads go through it every time. If a lead meets the smart list conditions, I use the flow step Add to Engagement Program, and add them to Stream 1. If a lead was already in the program and had transitioned to stream 2, will that flow step move them back to stream 1? Or, will people who are already a member of the program get bypassed for that flow step?

If the solution is to add a filter to the smart list to skip people who are already part of the program, I also have a second flow step that Changes Engagement Program Cadence to Normal, so that if somebody was paused in this program, they'll be unpaused once they meet the condition. If I do need to add a filter, am I right in thinking that needs to be a separate campaign instead of part of the same campaign? Or could I just use that flow step and eliminate the Add to Engagement Program step entirely as I think Change Engagement Program Cadence will add somebody to the program if they aren't already a member.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Will Flow Step Add to Engagement Program Change Streams?

Will,

Correct, if the lead is already a member of the program in stream 2, at the flow step, they will essentially "skip" the step of being added to the engagement program, but will be moved to stream 1.

If you use the flow steps of "change engagement program cadence" or "change engagement program stream" on leads that are not part of the program, they will first be added to the program and then change their cadence or stream.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Will Flow Step Add to Engagement Program Change Streams?

Will,

Correct, if the lead is already a member of the program in stream 2, at the flow step, they will essentially "skip" the step of being added to the engagement program, but will be moved to stream 1.

If you use the flow steps of "change engagement program cadence" or "change engagement program stream" on leads that are not part of the program, they will first be added to the program and then change their cadence or stream.