Re: Widgets won't stop moving around on landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Widgets won't stop moving around on landing pages

When we're editing a landing page, we're finding that widgets won't stay where you put them. It's as if they're stuck to the cursor and keep moving around. If you move the cursor up to close the tab, the widget moves off the page. 

If you close the landing page and re-open it, the problem usually sorts itself briefly. If you move the same widget more than once, the problem reappears. We've seen it happen now on two different computers (both using Chrome), and with text, image and form widgets in two different programmes. 

Is this a new feature? It's wasting time for us having to close the tab and reopen it in order to lay out a page. 
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Myself and a few team members encountered the same issue with replacing forms on landing pages yesterday.  I've contacted support but they weren't able to reproduce the issue.  Seems like some type of bug to me...
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Have you noticed this on multiple browsers? Sometimes like Val said, there are bugs in a browser, and they're transient and not recreatable by support. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also experienced this yesterday in both Chrome and IE.  I had to close the browsers to get the widget to release the cursor.  Bug???
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is definitely happening on Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 m on two different PCs.  

Our corporate browser is IE, but Marketo doesn't work on it so I wouldn't even bother to use that. I used to use Firefox for Marketo, but it isn't installed on the PC anymore, so I imagine I deleted it when I switched to Chrome. 

As a user, I don't think I should have to change browsers in order to use a cloud service. 

Valerie_Armstro

We've tried in multiple browsers too and still have the same issue.  Just sent a screencast of the issue to support.
Juan_de_Dios_Ng
Level 3

I have the same problem, just started it today...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.
Valerie_Armstro

Marketo Support responded with the following temporary workaround: 

Try deleting the form from the landing page, closing and reopening the landing page editor, and then putting the form back on the page.

I guess they are still working on figuring out this issue.  Hope they're able to resolve it soon.