SOLVED

Re: Why my social share buttons does not share on social media?

Go to solution
Diana_Jakubaity
Level 4

Why my social share buttons does not share on social media?

Hey, did anyone run into the problem sharing content from the landing pages created from Guided Templates using "mktoShareButton" element?

Everything seems to work just fine, but when we test it, the content is not being shared on Facebook or Twitter...

Can you please share your experience?

Many Thanks,

Diana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thomas_Orthband
Level 2

Hi Diana, my support ticket has been updated that the fix to the Social Sharing buttons will be fixed with their June 14 release.

Thomas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Thomas_Orthband
Level 2

Hi Diana, I don't have an answer, but have the same exact issue with FB and Twitter. LinkedIn seems to work. I put in a Support Ticket and if I get an answer, I'll update here. If you get an answer, can you post the solution as well?
Thanks,
Thomas

Diana_Jakubaity
Level 4

Sure - let me submit a support ticket too!

Thomas_Orthband
Level 2

Hi Diana, my support ticket has been updated that the fix to the Social Sharing buttons will be fixed with their June 14 release.

Thomas

Nikki_Aurelio
Level 3

Hi all - I referenced this conversation in a support ticket I opened for the same issue. We have it across our website and could not wait until June 14 for a fix. After a bit of back and forth, the Support Engineer told me: One of our Operations Engineers was able to find that the issue was the result of security configurations, and was able to re-issue the security certificate, and resolve the issue.

The social share icons are now working on my external sites again. Hopefully yours are, also. Or feel free to share the above answer with your support engineer.

Thomas_Orthband
Level 2

Thank you Nikki - Social Share Widget is now working for us too.  Thanks for sharing.

Thomas_Orthband
Level 2

Hi Nikki, are you able to use the Social Share widget and if so, does Facebook work for you?

Thomas

Diana_Jakubaity
Level 4

Social share buttons working for me as well!