Re: Why is SFDC campaign status not changed/added?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is SFDC campaign status not changed/added?

It seemed to be straight forward. I have a list of attendees to a webinar that I imported into Marketo as a (static) List. Some Contacts we already have in Salesforce and were in the SFDC campaign yyyy with status "email sent". Others are new Leads.

I write a campaign where is say: Lead is "Member of list xxxx (static list)". Flow is "Add to SFDC campaign yyyy" with status "attended".

Problem: new Leads get into Salesforce but they are not added to the SFDC campaign. Furthermore the status of existing Contacts is not updated. 

Could that be a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any insight is appreciated.

Patrick
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you import your list, you should do a progression change on that list to change the status of the members of that program to attended. 

Unless you auto assocaite a campaign with a program, leads will not push to the campaign this way. The progression status change mentioned above should help address your status issue if you do assocaite programs and campaigns. Just make sure they are sharing the same exact statuses. (i could be a bit off here try it out, i use workflow campaign pushes)

If you don't assocaite a campaign and a program, you must do a manual add to campaign flow and in this flow it gives you the option to select the status.

Make sure your campaign statuses match in salesforce and marketo. If not, this could be your issue, seems you have things set up ok. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another issue could be that you need to go to Advanced Settings in your SFDC campaign and update your campaign statuses.  By default, SFDC campaigns have statuses of "Sent" and "Responded".  You should add or change to include "Registered" and "Attended" for this particular campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I fixed some of the things mentioned: I associated the program in Marketo with the Campaign is Salesforce. I also madse sure that the statuses are the same in both (I was forced to do that when I associated the two).

However, I still can't get it to work.

Tim,

You mentioned that I should do a progression change when I import the list. What do you mean by that? 

Thanks for your help

Patrick
Ashleigh_Davis
Level 3

Did the campaign run completely without errors? Check the activity logs for the campaign flow that's supposed to be adding them to the SFDC campaign. I've sometimes seen performance lags in the flow steps, so something may be hung up.

To that point, there might be an error log that shows soemthing going wrong. You also may have to dive into individual records to see what's going on and what are the exact errors.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh... I didn't know I could see errors. There was a filter on the 'Results' view. When I removed that I saw the error. It told me that the execution was stopped because the sfdc campaign was linked to a program... So when I unlinked it, it worked.

I had in a separate program also linked the sfdc campaign so that is why it never worked.

Still learning,,,, 🙂

Thanks for all your help

Patrick

Ashleigh_Davis
Level 3

Awesome, glad that worked! Yes, I love the raw activity logs/results section in the smart campaigns. They are so very helpful with diving in to see how processes work, and where things are breaking. Good luck!