SOLVED

Re: Why Does My Smart List Count Not Match the Email Link Performance Report?

Go to solution
Erin_Heiser
Level 2

Why Does My Smart List Count Not Match the Email Link Performance Report?

My Email Link Performance Report shows 34 people have clicked on specific links in my emails. The smart list I set up only shows 29 people. How do I figure out who the 5 people are that are counted on the report but not in the smart list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Erin,

The Smart List will populate a list of total unique leads who clicked one of the links highlighted.
The Email Link Performance Report will outline how many unique leads clicked on an individual link. Combining these values does not equal the total unique leads.

e.g. Your Smart List says 29 people clicked one of the three links. When looking at your Email Link Performance Report, we get 34. This means that 5 of your 29 people in the Smart List opened multiple emails and clicked multiple links. '

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Erin,

The total number you see under the Leads column is the total number of unique clicks on a link - it does not equal the total number of leads who clicked. 

Here's what I mean by this.

Person A clicks Link 1, 2, 3

Person B clicks Link 1

Your Smart List will basically say "2 people clicked links within your email" while your email link performance will break it down like this:

Link 1: 2 leads

Link 2: 1 lead

Link 3: 1 lead

Total: 4 

The total you are seeing is the total number of leads who have clicked on an individual link.

Erin_Heiser
Level 2

I still don't think I'm getting it. 

Here is a screenshot from the Email Link Performance report.  Highlighted are the people that clicked the links I am interested in.  This adds up to the 34.

pastedImage_1.png

Now here is a screenshot of the filter from the smart list where I am getting 29 people.  I limited it to just the links I am interested (same ones as above). 

pastedImage_2.png

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Erin,

The Smart List will populate a list of total unique leads who clicked one of the links highlighted.
The Email Link Performance Report will outline how many unique leads clicked on an individual link. Combining these values does not equal the total unique leads.

e.g. Your Smart List says 29 people clicked one of the three links. When looking at your Email Link Performance Report, we get 34. This means that 5 of your 29 people in the Smart List opened multiple emails and clicked multiple links. '

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Erin Heiser ,

Below is another thread that sheds light on details around email link performance report!

Can someone explain this Email Link Performance Report issue I'm having? 

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage