Re: Why can't the iPad events app also check-in for tradeshows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't the iPad events app also check-in for tradeshows?

We would like to keep track of who we meet with at tradeshows and historically have just imported the list after the sales team returns from the field. We find that this isn't always accurate because sometimes we are able to schedule meetings with prospects while AT the conference and therefore the timeline get's a bit wonky in terms of acquisition and /or attribution. 

I thought it would be nice to use the ipad app but I see it only accepts roadshow channel programs. Why is this? And is there an alternative for 'tradeshow' channel programs?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have solved this by just creating a simple roadshow program with a triggered campaign that drops the lead also into our tradeshow program. I can then just delete that program after the fact. 
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Glad you found your work around Naor. We usually just categorize a tradeshow that involved some sort of check-in need as a roadshow but I like your work around. Would still be nice to have this feature for the tradeshow channel!
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create custom channels to work with the iPad Check in app.  When you create a new channel, select the type "Event" and you will see the column to assign the progression status to registered/attended.  There is also details on this in the User Guide:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L5iiCAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

The link seems to be broken. Can you re-post please!

Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Wow, that is fantastic Cheryl... I had no idea!