Why can't the API find my folders?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't the API find my folders?

I've been trying to use the c# example code for GetFolderContents, FolderByName, BrowseFolders, and ListFiles, but none of them can find anything for the the folder names and Program ID that I have.  I know the API is working, since I've been able to use MultipleCampaigns to pull back my campaign ID by name, but using that ID as root and looking for a folder under it, or trying to find its contents with type "Program" return nothing over and over again.  Is there something really obvious that I'm missing here?  I didn't have any trouble using the campaign ID (program ID?) to create a lead in the system.  Everything up to now has been relatively painless, but getting folders or their contents seems impossible.  The most I've been able to get is a listing of all my root folders when I try to find a folder by name.  For some reason it never returns "unable to find folder" if I include the name parameter, but the name field doesn't seem to be working at all.  I can put garbage in the name field, and it still returns a listing of all the root-level folders.  Are the folder-access API endpoints working for anybody?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why can't the API find my folders?

It can be kind of confusing but a program has two IDs - a program ID and a folder ID. You need to get the program's folder ID in order to use the Folder API calls for the program. You can't get it directly in the UI but you can use the API to query for the folder ID and then use that.

John_M
Marketo Employee

Re: Why can't the API find my folders?

I wrote a blog to summarize what Kristen is talking about here. Using the Asset API to access Programs