SOLVED

Re: Why are the unsubscribes different in Engagement Stream performance report vs Email performance report?

Go to solution
kristalklug
Level 2

Why are the unsubscribes different in Engagement Stream performance report vs Email performance report?

Hi. 
What is the difference between the unsubscribes in an Engagement Stream performance report versus Email performance report? I am not understanding what I am seeing. In the engagement stream performance report, I see 2 unsubscribers. In the email performance report, I see 72 unsubscribers.
Can someone tell me why the big difference between the two numbers? I would like to know what the total number of unsubscribers since the initial launch of my engagement program, which started in Feb. 2021.

There is no way that only 2 people have unsubscribed since the launch date. 72 unsubscribers seems reasonable, but I do not want jump to conclusions that this is the correct number.
Thanks for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Why are the unsubscribes different in Engagement Stream performance report vs Email performance report?

Hi Kristal,

The is not simply about the unsubscribes, your entire stats are way different. In the email performance report the email was sent out appr. twice compared to your EP report. That makes me think that the engagement program is probably not the only source triggering the email to be sent out.

Any sends of this email that were not triggered by the EP stream will appear in your email performance report, but not in your EP report.

Kind regards,

Katja

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Did you select the emails within the stream to include all emails, as suggested here?

Balkar_Singh_2-1621149276043.png

kristalklug
Level 2

Hi Balkar,

There is only one email in the engagement program, and it selected. Email performance -email filterEmail performance -email filterEngagement Program Email FilterEngagement Program Email Filter

Katja_Keesom

In addition to @Balkar_Singh 's check, are the two reports set to display different periods by any chance?

kristalklug
Level 2

Hi Katja,

Both reports have the periods set for "all time".  Here are the results I am getting.Email performance snapshot - unsubscriber resultsEmail performance snapshot - unsubscriber resultsEngagement Stream Performance - unsubscribersEngagement Stream Performance - unsubscribers

Katja_Keesom

Hi Kristal,

The is not simply about the unsubscribes, your entire stats are way different. In the email performance report the email was sent out appr. twice compared to your EP report. That makes me think that the engagement program is probably not the only source triggering the email to be sent out.

Any sends of this email that were not triggered by the EP stream will appear in your email performance report, but not in your EP report.

Kind regards,

Katja

kristalklug
Level 2

Thanks for this information. Would you be able to tell me how I could find out what program is sending out this email? Knowing the EP is sending the same email?

Katja_Keesom

When you go to the specific email, there is a tab called "Used by" which will show you which smart campaigns reference it.