SOLVED

Why are my aborted emails reported as Soft bounces. Will this damage my sender reputation

Go to solution
Juhoyos
Level 2

Why are my aborted emails reported as Soft bounces. Will this damage my sender reputation

Hi Marketo Users,

I recently aborted 2 emails.  Thankfully one was 99.8% stopped in time, the other got delivered to 26%. As I look at the email report, its showing that 74% of my database (149k) "Soft bounced" that aborted email.  I am concern these actions are affecting my sender's reputation. Are these aborted emails really soft bounces or does Marketo just flags them as such? 

Juhoyos_0-1632326801477.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Why are my aborted emails reported as Soft bounces. Will this damage my sender reputation

It’s merely cosmetic in this case.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Re: Why are my aborted emails reported as Soft bounces. Will this damage my sender reputation

It’s merely cosmetic in this case.
Juhoyos
Level 2

What do you mean by cosmetic?

It won't have an impact on my sender reputation?

All of these people went to Marketing suspended because of the 2 bounces. We have a rule that if they soft bounce twice in a month, they get suspended for a month. Would there be a risk if I manually remove them from the Marketing suspended? 

I'm just trying to make sure that if we do force the send there won't be any risk of getting blacklisted 

Thanks in advance for the help

SanfordWhiteman

It won't have an impact on my sender reputation?

Of course not, because you aren’t sending the emails!

All of these people went to Marketing suspended because of the 2 bounces. We have a rule that if they soft bounce twice in a month, they get suspended for a month.

That’s your rule, but it’s improperly implemented since it shouldn’t count all Soft Bounces against the limit (it also shouldn’t count Category-less Soft Bounces, which you’ll see if there’s any Velocity error). Any email that didn’t actually leave the Marketo premises shouldn’t count against your leads.

Juhoyos
Level 2

Marketo tags the aborted emails as softbounce not my rule.  It was Marketo's set up that triggered my rule. They resolved the issue. Thanks anyway : )

SanfordWhiteman

I don’t think you understand. Of course the Soft Bounce is a system decision, but If you have a rule that triggers on Soft Bounce, it needs to be more selective.