Who joined Webinar by clicking in email?

Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

Who joined Webinar by clicking in email?

Can anyone shed any light on how I can measure how many people joined our webinar by clicking the {{member.webinar url}} link in the email?  Because this is a dynamic link (sometimes directing to our fallback page, sometimes to the Webex session), it seemingly isn't being reported on in the same way in our "Email Link Performance" report. Is that to be expected and is there a workaround?
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Who joined Webinar by clicking in email?

You should be able to track it by adding an id attribute to the <a> tag, then constraining the ​Clicked Email activity ​by the id.

Of course bear in mind the modern-day caveats about ​Clicked Email ​and mail scanners.

Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

OK, that's great, thanks. But is there a way of doing this after the email was sent, and if an id attribute was not included beforehand? I'm guessing not....

Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

Also, since your reply, I have run some tests with the id in the links, and whilst I can measure the number of clicks this way for other links, I cannot get it to work for the {{member.webinar url}} link.  Can you suggest why that could still be the case?  Thanks.