Who are your alert emails coming from?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are your alert emails coming from?

I wanted to find out what the best practices were for alert emails. We're sending out Marketo email alerts for new inbounds, high traffic leads, customer upsell opportunities, etc. and need to update who these emails are coming from.

In the past they were coming from our CEO so that people would pay attention to them, but we found this was annoying for sales and buried important messages from our CEO.

We'd like to change to something like "Lead Alert" or "Marketing Alert" or "Sales Alert". What is working for your organization?

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Who are your alert emails coming from?

Ours come from "Marketo" so that internally, people know who to reply to in case they have any questions about the alerts.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I've seen many options and it is a good practice to have the alias go to a proxy box or a particular person, if as Dory suggests, there are questions.

the reality is that Sales will either be good and take action on that or they will begin to ignore and filter those out if they think they have better things to do. Ideally the SDR/LDR team will worry about MQLs.

Since you mention you are sending alerts on behavior, I would urge you to NOT do this unless you have proven to everyone that 5 visits in a day = Buy Now. This is the kind of stuff that Salespeople ignore pretty quickly because they don't see these as Buy Now behaviors. Align on MQL/SQL scoring and try to separate out early qualification from advanced sales people who close or consult.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I like Mark Eto, until someone has emails display as last name, first name.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

They come from "Marketo Operations Team".  What's worked for us is having very descriptive subject lines, like "SALES ALERT: New Marketing Qualified Lead at [company name]"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the feedback!

We ended up going with "Sales Alert" and also auto-creating a task to reach out when new leads are assigned.

Our Director of Inside Sales liked that better because the focus should be on getting the sale vs. anything marketing/marketo related (although Mark Eto was pretty clever). It's just a small detail but we thought it could help effect the mindset of the recipient in a  sales positive way.