SOLVED

Which token for presenting multiple account numbers in an email blast...

Go to solution
Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Which token for presenting multiple account numbers in an email blast...

Hi,

I have the XLS prepared with the contact's email address and account numbers. Account numbers that are primarily numeric (but not in all cases) and presented all within the same cell in the XLS, in a readable format e.g. 22222, 33333, 44444. - These codes serve as the username for logging into a site.

How do I know which lead.TOKEN to select to ensure this data will pull through into the email and capture correctly in Marketo?

It would read something like this:   Your account numbers are: {{lead.???}}  in order to get this result:  Your account numbers are: 22222, 33333, 44444, 55555.

Is there a token that exists already that I should choose from? Or, do I need to create a custom field for such lead data?

Lastly, what settings to accompany? Should it be encoded as HTML since it's meant to be human readable data in the form of a 'string'?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Which token for presenting multiple account numbers in an email blast...

Hi Christine,

It sounds like you have the account information data in Excel, but it is not yet in Marketo. You would need to create a custom field in Marketo first, then import the list. It should be a string field type since it's a mix of characters.

When you want to insert it into the email text, you would click the Insert Token button in the toolbar and select the token for the custom field you created. For example, {{lead.Account Numbers}} if the field name is Account Numbers. 

Before you proceed though, I would evaluate if there's any risk to saving this data in Marketo and/or sending it via email since it's used for logging in to the site.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Christine,

It sounds like you have the account information data in Excel, but it is not yet in Marketo. You would need to create a custom field in Marketo first, then import the list. It should be a string field type since it's a mix of characters.

When you want to insert it into the email text, you would click the Insert Token button in the toolbar and select the token for the custom field you created. For example, {{lead.Account Numbers}} if the field name is Account Numbers. 

Before you proceed though, I would evaluate if there's any risk to saving this data in Marketo and/or sending it via email since it's used for logging in to the site.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To be clear, you would naturally (as Beth says) need a custom field. Every imported column must target either a person-level or member-level field. There's nowhere else for stuff to go!