Re: Where is the data for personal and company tokens stored in Marketo?

Maddi
Level 1

Where is the data for personal and company tokens stored in Marketo?

I know there are a bunch of built in company and person tokens from viewing this page but I can't figure out where the data for those tokens would be stored in Marketo. Also, it says "Custom person fields also work if you use their display name" so trying to understand how I would create a custom field name. I don't want to use "my tokens". I would prefer the information to be populated on the backend rather than in the my tokens section for every email. 

Thanks for your help in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You create and manage custom fields in Admin » Field Management (see the docs).

{{lead.tokens}} and {{company.tokens}} are how you output fields in landing pages and emails, including both native and custom fields.

So there isn’t actually “token data” — it’s “field data”. You update field data in various places. And for direct output you use the corresponding token.

Miguel_Board1
Level 2

Howdy Maddi,

Company data (for tokens) is stored on the Company tab of the person record and the Person data on the Info tab. A custom field can be created in Marketo by following the instructions here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/administration/field-management/c...