SOLVED

Re: Where can I save a custom style.css sheet and call it into a landing page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I save a custom style.css sheet and call it into a landing page

Hey everyone.

I'm currently using the Marketo responsive landing page template 2-B (Template 2-B - Marketo Docs - Product Docs).  There are a number of text styling elements that I want to change, and I can't seem to do them inside the inline/landing page css.

I've got the style.css sheet that the landing page calls from templates.marketo.net/template2/css/style.css.  I've copied it and made the edits that I need.

Is there anywhere inside Marketo that I can store my own customer style.css sheet and link to it inside the landing page?

Or, if anyone has any better ideas, I'm all ears.

Cheers

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Luke_Wotton
Level 4

I uploaded a .html into Design Studio and it worked as intended and rendered (I was pretty suprised by this)

Have you tried just uploading it to Design Studio?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Luke_Wotton
Level 4

I uploaded a .html into Design Studio and it worked as intended and rendered (I was pretty suprised by this)

Have you tried just uploading it to Design Studio?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Luke

Do you mean you uploaded a css stylesheet as html and used that?  In the responsive landing page templates, some of the css is callled from an external stylesheet

<!-- SPECIFIC CSS -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://nation.marketo.com//templates.marketo.net/template2/css/style.css">

I want to create my own stylesheet and have a link that I can use to call within the landing page template.

Luke_Wotton
Level 4

Hello,

No, I mean just upload the .css into a folder in Design Studio, then grab the URL and reference that. Marketo should serve the file as expected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh, ok.  I'll try that.  Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You absolute legend, that worked a treat!  So simple too.  Cheers for your help Luke

Luke_Wotton
Level 4

No problem man, glad it worked.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Protip: in the Style section of your template, put a token of {{my.CSS-Override}} (or similar name) at the bottom, right before the closing tag.

Now, if your program tokens you can add or change CSS elements. For example, if you want to change the color of a div, just put in:

div.divName {

background-color: red;

}

And it will override whatever the original background-color element was. You can also do that for any CSS element, or you can add in new CSS styles.

Robb Barrett
Anonymous
Not applicable

Robb

That's a great tip, I'll take a look at that

Traci_Taylor
Level 2

I've created my own own responsive email template and uploaded a .css file into the design studio.

How now do I tell marketo that that .css file is for that email?