When to use progressive profiling

Anonymous
Not applicable

When to use progressive profiling

Hi -

Right now, we use different forms to trigger different download and demo request campaigns.

I would like to start using progressive profiling in these. I intend to create a single form with progressive profiling that uses the trigger Fills out Form with a Web Site constraint giving the specific landing page (so I still know what download to send them).

My question is, when is it best to use separate forms that will only be used on a specific landing page, and when is it best to use a single form with progressive profiling on multiple landing pages? What are the best practices?

Thanks!
Jennifer

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to use progressive profiling

I think the best way to understnad when to use one and when to use many is to ask yourself, what wil I do when they fill out the form?

If you are going to send a document based on the form fill then you may need to use different form.  This is because your campaign will be if they fill out Form A they receive doc A, if they fill out form B then they receive Doc B.

The nice this is that you can just create your progressive form and clone it as many times as you want for the various CTAs you want.  They will all work the same regardless.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I got so wrapped up in thinking of one form for many, I forgot I could just use progressive on all and it would update the fields just the same. You are awesome!

Anonymous
Not applicable

couldn't you use the same form and put it up like; "if this form is filled out on this page, send this."?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I agree with Jonas: you want to have as few forms to maintain as possible.