Re: When is Inferred Info Captured

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is Inferred Info Captured

Hi Marketo Community,

Does anyone have a doc with concrete of when inferred info was captured?

I was always under the impression that inferred geographical information is captured when a lead fills out a form or clicks a link in the email.

For Example, I recently ran a campaign that said If a lead is in Nevada OR Inferred State is Nevada, send local offer.

After sending the campaign I wanted to compare the inferred information that was captured on leads who clicked links (that previously had no inferred geographic information), so i could compare it to the information that we already had. When i looked a leads that clicked links there isn't any inferred geographical information.

Any info would be appreciated!

-Ryan

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ryan Mohoric​ FYI. I moved this to Products and Support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott K. Wilder​!

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I can't document this with absolute certainty, but I think the Anonymous IP address and Inferred location info are set when a lead (anonymous/know) is first created.  Subsequent web page visits may have a different IP address, but the Anonymous IP and Inferred location data are not updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few month ago, I compared marketo inferred info with whois database via anonymous IP.

Unfortunately, Inferred info is older then whois database.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Elliott is correct - when a lead is first created, "Inferred Fields" are actually Marketo system managed and updated through them (not controlled by the User).  You can see Marketo responses on other Community discussion by searching Inferred.