SOLVED

When does an email go out on a Transition Rule being triggered?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does an email go out on a Transition Rule being triggered?

I have a stream that I have set to be triggered by an employee adding the lead or contact into a SFDC campaign, tyring to make this bullet proof and simple for the employee.

So the trigger in the transition rules is add to SFDC campaign - Visitor Management - Request a 30 day trial
This is for customers who call to start a 30 day trial as apposed to filling in the online form to start the 30 day trial.

With one email in the content which includes details for starting the 30 day trial my question is.... from the time I add a lead or contact to the SFDC Campaign Visitor Management - Request a 30 day trial how long does it take for Marketo to send the email that is in content out?

As this email should go immediately I have not set a Stream Cadence, does this make sense?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When does an email go out on a Transition Rule being triggered?

Hey Peter - I think that you're thinking about this slightly backwards. Your emails will only go out from your stream when your cadence is set. So the answer to your question is that the next email will be deployed whenever the next cadence moment is. So if it goes out every Thursday at 1pm, the answer is that leads added on Monday will receive the email on Thursday at 1pm.

If you want the email to go out immediately, I recommend instead a triggered campaign that sends out the email whenever the status is changed. Not putting it into an engagement program at all.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Peter - I think that you're thinking about this slightly backwards. Your emails will only go out from your stream when your cadence is set. So the answer to your question is that the next email will be deployed whenever the next cadence moment is. So if it goes out every Thursday at 1pm, the answer is that leads added on Monday will receive the email on Thursday at 1pm.

If you want the email to go out immediately, I recommend instead a triggered campaign that sends out the email whenever the status is changed. Not putting it into an engagement program at all.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Adam all makes sense Great answer Clears a lot up that I have been struggling with
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had another flow where I wanted to trigger an email exactly seven days after the trigger was triggered. The trigger was the stage of an opportunity changing in salesforce, which could happen any day at any time I can see now this also will not work inside an engagement program
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries.

We'll definitely use a 'hybrid' approach to Engagement vs Regular campaigns. If the email goes out to the entire business unit without requiring any further smart lists, then it goes into the Engagement campaign. If the email only goes out to a piece of a business unit, then it will be deployed as a regular email using a normal program. IE only 30 customers in the french speaking region of Belgium. That won't be put into the Engagement stream.

Different types of content require different methods.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adam
I am a little confused by your answer though just now, what if I wanted to track in the engagemrnt program as a seperate profile (stream) IE only 30 customers in the french speaking region of Belgium

Why would I not put that in?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's super specific to my market though, sorry. I will have one program for Dutch & two programs for French. The belgians will be split between the dutch & one of the french programs. So rather than having one program for french canadians & one program for french belgians, i'll have one for both groups. If i have an event that is only for one continent, i'll send that as a separate email blast, not as a part of the engagement program.

Does that make more sense? Super specific to my needs.