What triggers Marketo to sync with Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What triggers Marketo to sync with Salesforce?

I'd like to know how marketo knows to sync data with Salesforce.  I am having issue with it continually resyncing opportunities and breaking the connections opportunities have with contacts.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What triggers Marketo to sync with Salesforce?

For records already synced between Marketo and Salesforce: Marketo will sync periodically all of these.  It looks for a change on the System ModStamp to identify records with some changes since the last sync, and then updates these records.

This sounds like a specific issue you have with the sync.  I'd recommend creating a support ticket

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What triggers Marketo to sync with Salesforce?

Hi Slalom,

Steven is correct that previously synced records will update automatically. Perhaps there is an issue with the permissions granted to the SFDC Marketo User because what you say should not happen at all.

If a Lead comes into Marketo as an entirely new record, then it WILL NOT SYNC until you explicitly or implicitly ask Marketo to sync that record toSFDC:
  • add to an SFDC Campaign
  • change SFDC Campaign Member Status, thus implicitly requesting an Add to SFDC Campaign
  • Call Sync to Salesforce
  • becomes a Member of a Program with an SFDC Campaign connection
  • merged with a previously synced record

If a Lead is created in SFDC, (or Contact, etc), then Marketo will pick this up at the next check in.