What triggers a record to sync from Salesforce to Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What triggers a record to sync from Salesforce to Marketo?

I have a Salesforce.com account field that is not visible to the Marketo Sync user account.  In other words, the Marketo Sync user does not have read or edit rights to this field.  If I edit the field in Salesforce, will that trigger the account to sync to Marketo?  I need to edit this field for approx 1 million accounts and do not want to trigger all of the accounts to sync, because it will generate a very long backlog in our sync queue.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What triggers a record to sync from Salesforce to Marketo?

Is the field visible to the Marketo User and/or does it exist in Marketo and shown to have synced in the past under Field Management?

The short answer is "test it" on 1 record. It will likely not sync the record or data.

Options:

• if it does sync, then you need to adjust User settings in SFDC.
  • could break sync for a short period, but risky.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Oh also, Marketo looks at the sysmodtimestamp that SFDC has on the SFDC field itself. So if you update a field, Marketo sees the update was recent and tries to sync the data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh.  That's what I suspected.  The value in the new field doesn't sync to Marketo because the Marketo Sync user doesn't have visibility to the field; however, the sysmodtimestamp change still triggers the record to sync.