What's our alias?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's our alias?

Our company is merging into a parent email domain and we may lose our email alias.  We're looking for good recommendations for the next generation of emails as a new company.  Is Concierge still the right alias for our Various Marketing initatives?  We'd love to hear your thoughts.  

Concierge@domain.com - At risk to lose.
Info@domain.com

Other suggestions?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What's our alias?

What do you mean exactly you will lose it? Is IT removing the alias?

Is this the email address you use for outbound emails? I've only seen concierge when there actually is one or that it is a specific "Concierge" service offered. I prefer the following options:

events@
news@
webinars@

Personal Name alias: it's from a real person, but really an alias you monitor, not their real email. Like "roy.L.bean@" instead of his real "roy.bean@"

Lead Owner for sales owned leads.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I agree with Josh here. We use multiple aliases, such as corporatesubscriptions@, webinars@, reports@, but we find that people respond quite well to emails that look like they've come from an actual member of our team -- especially when it relates to their subscription. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aside from subject lines, the from name is one of the most important decisions you can make about your marketing communications. It is all about choosing a trustworthy and recognizable name for your audience. Dory and Josh have some great recomendations that you can choose from.

Studies have shown better engagement with messages that are sent from people instead of generic addresses, but I would encourage you to do some A/B testing. See what works best for your brand and messaging.