Re: What is your most creative marketing campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your most creative marketing campaign?

Participate in our Marketo Games by sharing what your most creative marketing campaign is/was, and what were the results?

Ready...GO!

11 REPLIES 11
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Not sure if this is creative but surely it is complicated one. We recently completed a Referral Marketing Program for one of our customers. Here's what we created:

We recently completed a Referral Marketing Program for one of our customers. Here's what we created:

• A landing page which allows a user to give us referrals. If A is a referrer, he can give multiple referrals like B, C, D, E....
  • On form submit, using the API, we would check if B or C already exist. If they do not, we create new records in Marketo with corresponding Lead Source. If they already existed, we would update their Lead Source Most Recent.
  • Depending on the status for B or C, we would trigger emails for A. So, if B already existed, we would send an email to A saying we already know your friend. If B was a new record, we would send an email to A thanking him for the referral.
  • We were also checking any matching accounts. So, if A referred C which did not exist in our database but more the account existed for C's company, we would send an email to A that we are already talking to  C's company.
  • In a similar way, when B registers for Trial, we would send an email to A, telling him his friend registered for trial. A similar email will go out to A, when C registers for Trial.
  • If B does not use the trial withing 14 days after registering, we would send an email to A telling him that his friends did not register.
  • If B starts using the trial, we would send the referral reward using Rybbon to A. So, A would receive a gift card in an email, telling him that B has started using the trial.
  • Likewise, when B makes a purchase or his opportunity is lost, we would send an email to A telling him his friend made a purchase or his friend decided not to purchase.
  • The Sales Reps were given a option to validate a referred lead, and only after validation, the gift card would go out to the referrer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My most creative marketing campaign was when I was able to create an advanced nurture campaign that was based on segmentations with persona rules. We had three streams based on where people were in the buyer's journey and we got our sales team also on-board so that when a lead took two or more CTAs they were then send to inside sales. This initiative was able to increase our engagement numbers and give more warm leads to our inside sales team.

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I don't know how novel this is, but at my last company we tested sending out the second invitation to a webinar to look like it was being forwarded from their Sales Rep and checking to see if they got it. That way, people who were unable to attend were more likely to respond to the email directly, which opened up a conversation with sales.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We mailed out empty ipad boxes to select contacts and asked them to rsvp and join us at the tradeshow for a personal tour to receive the ipad.  Success pretty much guaranteed.

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you get decent ROI from that?

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

A few months ago my leadership team decided to cut our inside sales team. I had a few weeks to pull together an automated system that "replaced" all the work Inside Sales used to handle. Since implementation, we've gotten feedback from all regions that they are now seeing more qualified leads than ever before. We have also managed to shrink our opportunity open to close time significantly (still running the numbers on this).

Anonymous
Not applicable

We got three MQLs last quarter from a Closed Lost Survey with an Amazon Gift Card reward. The survey comes via email "from" our CEO and has a personalized message about the reason for losing, as reported by the sales rep. We originally launched it to get better product intelligence, but it's getting us deals!

Justin_Gray1
Level 4

Hands down: LeadMD Monsters of Funnel

Take a look, experience it and soak it in - we set out to position the top thought-leaders in as a rotating lineup supergroup. This is the 2nd MOF campaign - 1 per year where the "greatest band in B2B takes on the #ABM technology stack" in a way that we've had a lot of fun with and stands out from the droves of "content" that sucks.

This campaign involved me wearing a ton of makeup, allowed 8 companies to collaborate, amplified our social presence in a major way all for zero cost other than my sunk costs for employee wages. Current lifetime ROI is over 250K in sourced and over 600K in attributed influence.

Justin

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Using Gifs of our product in use within emails. Registration for our webinar went through the roof!