SOLVED

Re: What is the trigger for soap

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the trigger for soap

Munchkin has the trigger for source type = munchkin. I dont see one for API.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

I gather you are talking here about the "source type" constraint on the "lead is created" trigger or "lead was created filter"?

If so, use the "Web service API" value.

-Greg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

I gather you are talking here about the "source type" constraint on the "lead is created" trigger or "lead was created filter"?

If so, use the "Web service API" value.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

correct. last question on topic: the trigger/filter you mention is "on person created and source type is web service api"

however, what about if the person is already created. For example, I have many optin forms. If its a new user, the above works. But what happens if the user already exists? Seems "on person created" wouldn't trigger (or would it?). I'd think there should be a "on person created or updated".

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

Correct.

But I am afraid of something: are you calling the SOAP or rest API from the form in your system or from your application server?

If you are calling it from the form, this is a serious security breach (exposing your Marketo to a DoS attack). You should use the forms 2.0 API instead, that will do all you need: create the lead when it's new and log a "fills out form" for any new or existing lead.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm .. why would this be a security issue if the functionality is provided? I am calling this from a web form i.e. drupal plugin Marketo MA | Drupal.org

I often find marketo form not optimal using outside of marketo (integration, design, etc). I'd (often) rather use stand alone forms and integrate with marketo through soap or munchkin.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

The SOAP API is not provided to be used from a web page. It exposes the SOAP API credential that anyone would use to connect to your Marketo instance and send API calls. As the number of calls per day in limited, someone could easily exhaust your number of daily calls, making your form no longer able to post info to Marketo.

There is a lot written in the community, especially from Sanford Whiteman​, on this, including real life examples of how it can turn bad.

Marketo API to be used for form level integration with a CMS is the forms 2.0 API (http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/) that will enable you to post a Marketo form in the background when someone submits one of your Drupal forms.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great help Greg. Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2