SOLVED

What is the Social Influence Report and How do I use it?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the Social Influence Report and How do I use it?

This was never covered in our training, and I didn't even know it existed until now, but my supervisor asked about the Social Influence report, which is currently blank. We've been using Marketo since February 2014. I have no idea how this is supported to work, what it is exactly (he seems to think it would be some way to track our social pages like we track activity on our website, but I'm wondering if it's meant to be just for social sharing from campaigns?) but since it's not working, we don't know, and I literally cannot find anything on it anywhere on this site other than a thread from 2013 that was never answered.

Can someone please point me to some answers on this? I don't know if it's just that the new community setup is awful and I can never find anything now, or if this is really some glaring thing that's missing.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: What is the Social Influence Report and How do I use it?

Amanda Scigaj is right. Details for Social Influence report are not available in Product Docs https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Report+Types. This report enables you to review social activities generated, and track how often your leads tell/refer their friends about you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Amanda,

Social influence report - the description is vague, I know! Also since the reboot of the community many of the old links to your answers are no longer there which can be frustrating.

This report is generated when you use/add social buttons featured in the Marketo social suite to allow leads to share your content.

For example, if you put the Facebook, linkedIn, and Twitter button(s) from Marketo into a newsletter page, that report can spit how how many people shared this content via those channels, and how many unique leads (i.e. not in your database) it generated. There are a few other reports that can happen when these features are leveraged, let me know if you have any questions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amanda Scigaj​ Let me know if there is a specific post from the old site you are looking for -- I might be able to find it.

Note: All posts from 1/1/2013 are live on the site today.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Amanda Scigaj is right. Details for Social Influence report are not available in Product Docs https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Report+Types. This report enables you to review social activities generated, and track how often your leads tell/refer their friends about you.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Dusty Garner​ or Steven Schaefer - any ETA on when documentation will be available that talks about some of the enhanced social capabilities in Marketo?  I realize some already exists - but for those of us that purchased the social add-on capabilities, we find that comprehensive documentation is lacking - in this case, the social influence report.