SOLVED

What is the mechanism for population of the original search phrase and original search engine fields?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the mechanism for population of the original search phrase and original search engine fields?

For 98% of my lead database, these fields are blank. I would like to understand why these don't get populated on leads that have come in from organic search to my website. Anyone out there know the answer to this one?

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: What is the mechanism for population of the original search phrase and original search engine fields?

Hi Tyler,

In the last year or so Google stopped passing that information in the query strings of organic search URLs, so it can no longer be recorded.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: What is the mechanism for population of the original search phrase and original search engine fields?

Hi Tyler,

In the last year or so Google stopped passing that information in the query strings of organic search URLs, so it can no longer be recorded.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earlier this year, Google also stopped sending paid keyword data as well (mid-April I believe). At this time, the only way those fields are populated is if the lead performs an unsecure (http) search from Google or another search engine.