What is the easiest way to clone emails into another workspace?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the easiest way to clone emails into another workspace?

I have a series of emails that I would like to clone to multiple workspaces, but I am having trouble finding an easy way to do this.

I have tried cloning the email and putting it in a folder, but I am not able to move it into a new workspace (both Marketing Activites and Design Studio).

Do we have to manually recreate these emails for use in other workspaces? It would be so great to be able to shuffle these assets around more easily, even if this is limited to a small number of users.
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the easiest way to clone emails into another workspace?

You can try creating a folder "shared Templates" and then right clicking, press Share and add it to the other WS.

Then go to the other WS, and try to clone the template into that WS. It should work. You might only be able to view it though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh - that definitely works well for templates. In this case, I have specific emails that we've already built and tested in production that I would like to share. It would be nice if it was as easy as cloning the email into a new workspace, but I don't think this is possible given that email cloning doesn't let you change the template in the same way you can with landing pages.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

You should be able to clone an email and move it to another workspace.  Are you trying to move an email that is a local asset to a program, or are they in the Design Studio?  If they are local assets, you will have to move the entire program - you can't move something that is underneath a program independently.  When you drag the folder, are you seeing a Red Arrow?

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the clarification. I did try moving the email in Design Studio, but got the red arrow when I hovered over the destination workspace. It looks like you need to go one step further and drag the email into the Email section nested within the Workspace, which wasn't readily apparent when I tried yesterday.