SOLVED

Re: What is the difference between the Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the difference between the Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name?

There are two filters available (Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name), but only Acquisition Program Name appears in the lead record and is available as a column in the lead views.  What is the difference between these?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the difference between the Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name?

I'd bet that Acquisition Program Name is for people like me who were complaining about Acquisition Program being a system locked down field. It isn't available in many picklists, nor in certain filters. I really wanted to trigger campaigns off of Acquisition Program. So as a work around they duplicated the data into Acquisition Program Name and didn't make it a "special" data point, allowing it to be selected in lists, etc. 

Acquisition Program = Master naming for programs
Acquisition Program Name = Friendly usable name

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd bet that Acquisition Program Name is for people like me who were complaining about Acquisition Program being a system locked down field. It isn't available in many picklists, nor in certain filters. I really wanted to trigger campaigns off of Acquisition Program. So as a work around they duplicated the data into Acquisition Program Name and didn't make it a "special" data point, allowing it to be selected in lists, etc. 

Acquisition Program = Master naming for programs
Acquisition Program Name = Friendly usable name
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's confusing as the Acquisition Program and Acquisition Program Name fields are available as filters, you can only change the value of Acquisition Program (via a flow action), and neither field is available in the the Data Value Changes trigger and Data Value Changed filter.  It seems like Marketo has more work to do in this area or at least in their documentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, but atleast it's something. Instead of being able to trigger a Lead Source Detail based on Acquisition Program, now atleast I can request a campaign, which places the data value {{lead.Acquisition Program Name}} into the field Lead Source Detail. It's a step.
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK this is beginning to make a bit more sense.  It might be a bit less confusing if there was only a single filter for either the Acquisition Program or Acquisition Program Name field, since both fields should always have the same value and the filter results are the same.