SOLVED

What is the best way to score leads when they come in via imported list?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to score leads when they come in via imported list?

Should I use the "lead created" trigger, if, say I want to assign a lead score based on some field in the list, or is there a better way?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best way to score leads when they come in via imported list?

I recommend using the trigger "data value changes" and selecting the specific field that you want to score on.  This will capture leads that come in via form completions, CRM sync, and list uploads.

I caution against using "added to list" trigger.  If you have a list in a program and then clone the list, that trigger will activate and re score all those leads. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ashleigh_Davis
Level 3

I would suggest scoring off the trigger "Added to List." This will isolate the records in question, as opposed to records that are created via forms and/or in your CRM (if you're integrated), which means better performance on the system.

This will also allow you more flexibility around the scoring rules, as well as be able to troubleshoot more efficiently should you need to do so.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend using the trigger "data value changes" and selecting the specific field that you want to score on.  This will capture leads that come in via form completions, CRM sync, and list uploads.

I caution against using "added to list" trigger.  If you have a list in a program and then clone the list, that trigger will activate and re score all those leads. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jessica, that's really interesting - I would have never thought of that, but your reasoning is sound; if the same leads are on two different lists it the scoring will run for each of them, separately is what you're saying, right?
Ashleigh_Davis
Level 3

Ah! I didn't even think of the cloning issue. Good catch - always better safe than sorry!
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the flow rules are set to allow the leads to run through every time, cloning the list will activate the scoring campaign again.

But if the flow rules are set to run leads through only once, then cloning the list will not cause the problem.

I still recommend using the trigger "data value changes" and selecting the specific field.