What is the best way to keep employees out of campaigns and skewing numbers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to keep employees out of campaigns and skewing numbers?

What is the best way to keep employees out of campaigns and skewing numbers? I want them in it initially during testing but then we send every email to all employees and i want them to run through the flow so they get the autoresponder and deliverable etc. but i don't want them skewing our reports. What does everyone else do?

3 REPLIES 3
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Re: What is the best way to keep employees out of campaigns and skewing numbers?

Most reports have the option to filter the metrics by a smart list. E.g. you can define Email Address not contains "yourcompany.com" to filter out the metrics only for the non-employee metrics. You'll still have them as campaign members though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best way to keep employees out of campaigns and skewing numbers?

We have a smart list that is called "company name employees" and we use it similar to our "competitor" smart list. It makes it easy to add in Not a member of " " smart list into our flow steps.

We also disqualify our employee email addresses which makes it hard to get them into the campaign. If they want to receive the email still, unfortunately it will skew your number.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

You can also use a separate campaign for testing.