What is the best way to go about sending the same email on a weekly basis?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to go about sending the same email on a weekly basis?

Hello!

I have several e-mails that I need to have go out each Tuesday. What is the best to go about this?

I know that a nurture campaign would not work for this because it wouldn't allow the same lead to receive the same e-mail multiple times.

6 REPLIES 6
Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

Re: What is the best way to go about sending the same email on a weekly basis?

Hi Taylor Conway

The best way would be to set up multiple send progressions which send out the same email every Tuesday. Hope this helps.

Best,

Sru

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Use a batch smart campaign that send the email, make sure that every lead can run through the flow every time and schedule it run every Tuesday at a specific time. Your smart campaign will only need a "send email" flow step.

The target of your smart campaign will usually be a smart list that will select leads every week, which means that potentially, the target might be different from one week to another. If you need the target to remain unchanged, create a static list aside of your smart campaign (recommendation : use a program) and populate that list, then in the smart campaign, use a "member of list" filter.

This will work forever, until you unschedule the campaign.

Hope this helps.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Taylor, a huge thing to note here is that Marketo will only provide email results for the same email on the first time that it's mailed. If your audience isn't changing weekly, then you're going to see very skewed email results by not creating the email for each week. It's a huge PITA, but this is one limitation of Marketo's email reporting. Even smart lists saying "was sent email" on a specific date won't return proper results if any of the audience was sent the same exact email previously. I will try to dig around and find my threads regarding this, because it was something that was a big issue for us.

Marketo would recommend setting up separate email send programs for every send, although I personally find regular programs to be better for us. You might be able to set up a month's worth of programs at a time so that there's less weekly maintenance to get this regular email out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Would it be possible to clone the email program each week? Or put my content into a new email and add it to my engagement stream?

Would I be able to receive data that way?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What exactly are you trying to do? Is this a Digesto RSS program?

I would be very reluctant to send the same email to the same people every Tuesday. That sounds pretty annoying.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yes, cloning the program or just the email will work. The key is that it needs to be a new email, which a clone always is