What is the best way to create a live event program with multiple locations?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to create a live event program with multiple locations?

Hello, I am still new to Marketo and I can't seem to figure out how I can easily create a live event program that will succesfully automate what I use to do manually.

Scenario:
We do the same live show in 6 different cities. In the past we used a static html website with a form that had the following fields:
  1. First Name
  2. Last Name
  3. Agency Name
  4. Email
  5. Phone
  6. Event
In the Event field, we had a list of the sites we would be visiting (e.g. May 27: 8 a.m. McAllen, TX)

Question 1: Can I build a drop down field for the Event that displays all six of our locations? I know that we do not have Event in our field management, so I would have to create this as a custom field, however, our CRM does not have this field, so how would I populate it manually? Or can I even do that?

The other part of our static html form from the past included an option for the same person to register on behalf of their fellow employees. We provided 4 first and last name fields accompanied by email fields to be field out.

Question 2: Is it possible to do this all in 1 form? Would we need to use 2 forms?

Question 3: Overall, will I have to build 6 different event programs, 1 for each location?

Thank you for your help!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the best way to create a live event program with multiple locations?

Some thoughts:
  • Yes you can do this. Just create a custom string field and you can use Forms 2.0 to place whatever text you want.
  • You will then need to listen for that value in each separate Event Program. Which means you'll need a central program and campaign to manage the initial form.
  • 3 - Yes, you should have 7 programs if you use this single page system.
  • I would recommend that you instead have 6 programs with 6 pages using ONE form. You should only send the email to the people in the area anyway. Why make it harder for them to choose a location when you know they live in the area?
  • see http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/setup-recurring-webinars-in-marketo-1479/