SOLVED

What is the best practice for a newsletter sign-up and send program?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best practice for a newsletter sign-up and send program?

Looking to create a newsletter sign-up form on a landing page, as well as a triggered confirmation email. In addition we have those future newsletters emails - some known beforehand and some not.

What kind of program type/channel is this? Do I create a new channel "Newsletter" under default (i.e. default/newsletter) or do i use the existing email/email send. (other options are engagement/nurture or default/content. I took the course; however, i havent came across a definitive guide to channel meanings).

Thanks ~
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the best practice for a newsletter sign-up and send program?

So you are talking about two different things:

1. Email Sign Up System - yes, create a simple Campaign or Program for Subscription Management. The trigger can be Fills Out Form that generates a confirmation email.

2. Newsletter Send - Use the Email Send program OR create a new Channel with Email type and add the appropriate progressions.

channel meanings are totally up to you and your definition of success.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the best practice for a newsletter sign-up and send program?

So you are talking about two different things:

1. Email Sign Up System - yes, create a simple Campaign or Program for Subscription Management. The trigger can be Fills Out Form that generates a confirmation email.

2. Newsletter Send - Use the Email Send program OR create a new Channel with Email type and add the appropriate progressions.

channel meanings are totally up to you and your definition of success.