What is source type Web service API?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is source type Web service API?

Hi, 

we're getting some leads in with source type Web Service API and we can't understand where they are coming from. Do you know hwta this means?

Thanks,
Mita
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: What is source type Web service API?

Those are coming in from the SOAP or REST APIs. In other words: from some kind of integration with Marketo, either developed by yourself, or used by a LunachPoint partner that you do business with. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jep Castelein​ - Are we able to modify the Source Info or the Source Type to display more information on where the lead came from specifically?

Thanks in advance!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Danny,

No. These fields are maintained by Marketo.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww, that's too bad.

Thanks for the info anyhow, Gregoire.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You will have to manage this information though custom fields. We usually set up a "Source detail" field that we populate as needed (in your case, through the API).

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy new year, Grégoire Michel​!

I have one last question on this. If you create this "Source Detail" field that would trigger when a lead gets created via the API, how would you know the source of the API call to correctly assign the values? As of right now, it seems like "Web Service API" is the only bit of info given when I look through the record's Lead Activity.

Thanks a million!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Danny,

You need to populate this field through your API call, together with the lead last name, first name or email address.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh geez! I'm a dummy. Here I was thinking that there needed to be some kind of magical answer.

Thanks for all of your help, Gregoire!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Marketo does almost everything except wizardry and divination

You're welcome.

-Greg