Re: What is "Priority" and What is the Max Value?

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

What is "Priority" and What is the Max Value?

I understand what Lead Score, Relative Score and Urgency Value are.

However, I can't find any documentation of what "Priority" is or what the range for this is? I see quite a few leads in our database have a priority of "140", but no idea what that actually means.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Malik Zafar​ Priority, along with Urgency and Relative Score, are fields that drive Marketo Sales Insight.

Relative Score = Stars

Urgency = Flames

Priority = Combination of the two

Priority, Urgency, Relative Score, and Best Bets - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

I generally don't look at these raw scores because they are system scores based on your lead scoring fields that power the MSI interface.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Correct - combination of two, but still not too helpful. The max value for Relative Score and Urgency are 3, so how does Priority end up being calculated as 140? Justin Norris

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No idea. Since priority is meant to rank leads by who is the "best bet" I suspect they take a combo of the two and scale them in some way.

What are you looking to do with this score field, out of curiosity?

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

I'm putting together a training deck for internal users who are not very familiar with SFDC and while doing so I stumbled across Priority again and realized I never truly understood what it was or what the value was out of.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like to know about the above, has anyone used Priority score effectively? I see a lot of leads with a same priority score of 150. And this beats the purpose of the field...