Re: What is Marketo's point of view on EU's upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What is Marketo's point of view on EU's upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

We've been fielding a lot of questions lately - specifically from our marketers in Europe - as to what we'll need to do to comply with GDPR when it's enforced in May 2018.  Since all of our data is stored/processed in CRM and Marketo, is there anything that needs to happen on the platform itself to ensure we're fully compliant (e.g., export of personal data outside the EU)?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is Marketo's point of view on EU's upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Did you speak with your Legal team?

I did ask Marketo for clarity and our rep got some questions to Marketo Legal. Not sure I got the level of clarity I desired, so it would really be up to your Legal Counsel on specific compliance operations, such as using Marketo's US or EU data centers, Workspaces/LPs, etc.

Lindsay_Khan
Level 2

Hi Dan! As Josh mentioned, I think a review of the GDPR and the impact it has on your company would be a good idea. It would be great to get more information on it from Marketo. If I come across anymore information that might be helpful to guide discussions with a legal team or actions that can be taken on behalf of an organization to ensure compliance, I reply back to this thread.