What happens if you change the salesforce Campaign sync that has active progression status

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

What happens if you change the salesforce Campaign sync that has active progression status

So if I have an event program that's synced to an SFDC campaign, and an email has already gone out and status have already changed in the campaign.  Then all of a sudden someone tells you oops I actually have to sync the Marketo campaign to another SFDC campaign, can I disconnect the sync and choose the intended campaign?  Is it possible?  Bad practice?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What happens if you change the salesforce Campaign sync that has active progression status

You can disconnect the sync.
In my experience, bad things will happen when you reconnect it.

To avoid bad things you should ensure the same statuses are already setup in the New Campaign.

You can disconnect the Program from Old Campaign and reconnect to new campaign. You may find that the existing Members do not sync with their current statuses until the next change. Thus, you will have to select Program Members and run a flow to update their status in the New Campaign yourself.

You should remove the leads from the SFDC Campaign and delete the Old Campaign once it is working properly.

It is possible Marketo's functionality here has improved and you will experience minimal issues.

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: What happens if you change the salesforce Campaign sync that has active progression status

Thanks Josh! I have a connected and reconnected to the same campaign, but not the one I mentioned above. Whew!
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you break the sync will this delete the members from the old campaign in Salesforce? Or can you delete them after you have resync with the new campaign that was created.  I did the same thing. 😞