Re: What happens if I delete 'marketable leads segment' from the Smart List?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if I delete 'marketable leads segment' from the Smart List?

In the Smart List for an email I just sent, I removed the default 'marketable leads segment, can receive emails, etc.' because I was specifically sending to a small group of people I know can receive emails. The send went...but nothing was actually delivered. Is it because I deleted that filter? Does that automatically break Marketo? Or is it some other error that I need to open a case for?

What's really weird is the Dashboard shows zero for everything...except the Summary Engagement Score is 38.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Grant_Booth
Level 10

I recommend making a smart list with the following filters to help you determine what went wrong.

1. Member of Program (it sounds like you used the email program to send it?)
2. Unsubscribed = false
3. Black Listed = false
4. Marketing Suspended = false
5. Email Invalid = false
6. Email Address "is not empty"

That should help you identify everyone who should have qualified, with a couple of caveats. If a lead was sent an email but it was blocked as spam in the last 24 hours, it won't send. Also, if duplicate records (they have the same email address) qualified, it will only send an email to one of them.

I especially recommend adding in those filters above one at a time, so you can see how each category contributed to the email not sending.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently, it was just a very strange delay that I have never seen before, because it has now populated fully and everything went.

Thanks!