SOLVED

What happens if I delete a Campaign Member?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if I delete a Campaign Member?

Does anyone know what happens to Marketo data when I delete Campaign Members in Salesforce?

Campaign Members currently account for close to 50% of our Salesforce data usage. We don't necessarily need to keep all of the data in Salesforce; however, I would want to retain that information in Marketo (program metrics, such as how many at each stage, etc.).

Cheers!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What happens if I delete a Campaign Member?

The leads/contacts are removed from the campaign. I believe you would see the history in the activity logs in Marketo, but no reference to the campaign the lead was deleted from

I encourage you to look also at task usage in your Salesforce storage usage. In our org, Marketo generated tasks, logged to each lead - Was sent email:, Clicked link in email:, etc. - accounts for the vast bulk of storage usage. I've estimated that each email blast to our house list generates 20Mb of data storage, in tasks, in Salesforce.

And the only answer I've had to the task storage issue is to regularly cull old tasks. i.e. what good does it do for the sales rep to know that two years ago, a prospect was sent an announcement for Software Release 1.5! ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

The leads/contacts are removed from the campaign. I believe you would see the history in the activity logs in Marketo, but no reference to the campaign the lead was deleted from

I encourage you to look also at task usage in your Salesforce storage usage. In our org, Marketo generated tasks, logged to each lead - Was sent email:, Clicked link in email:, etc. - accounts for the vast bulk of storage usage. I've estimated that each email blast to our house list generates 20Mb of data storage, in tasks, in Salesforce.

And the only answer I've had to the task storage issue is to regularly cull old tasks. i.e. what good does it do for the sales rep to know that two years ago, a prospect was sent an announcement for Software Release 1.5! ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, David. Tasks account for 20% of our usage, so it's definitely something to look into. 

Cheers!