Re: what does it mean by my template is in use and cannot be unapproved

Anonymous
Not applicable

what does it mean by my template is in use and cannot be unapproved

Everytime I try to unapprove an email in order to edit it, I get an error message that says I am not allowed to do so because 
13.All Prospects is in use and cannot be unapproved

I have never had a problem unapproving an email in the past and am not quite sure what it means by "All Prospects" (which is the name of one of my email templates) is in use.  Can anyone help?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your email send is being used in a campaign flow somewhere. You need to remove the email send from the campaign flow before you can unapprove it. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I find the campaign flow where is being used?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am struggling with the same issue and it is really annoying. Maggie, did you eventually figure it out and if yes, please share?

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Maggie TremaglioMalin Carlsson​ What Dan Stevens​ mentions below is correct; however, to address your other question, you can see where your email is being used by selecting the email in the left-hand pane and then clicking on the "Used By" tab on the right:

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 9.22.34 AM.png

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You don't need to unapprove it in order to edit it.  Simply right click on the approved email and click "edit draft".  When editing a draft version of the email template (or even an email), the approved version is still intact.  Only until you actually approve the draft version, does it overwrite the approved version and place all of the emails based on that template back into draft mode.  Until you approve those emails, the current/approved email will still be used.  This is to give you a chance to review the draft versions and make sure the changes you made to the template didn't mess anything up on the approved emails.