SOLVED

Re: What does an email engagement score mean?

Go to solution
Nate_Deacon
Level 2

What does an email engagement score mean?

So if I have an engagement score of 45 on one of my emails, what does that mean? How do they come to the conclusion of it being rated a 45?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christine_Libro
Level 3

Engagement Score in Email Programs

I had the same question as you 2 months ago! Grégoire Michel's reply to thread I linked above gave me the best answer.

The score is based on a proprietary algorithm that takes into account engaged behavior (Open, Click, Program Success) and disengaged behavior (Unsubscribe). It's benchmarked against drip and nurture style emails to give an average of 50. To give people a chance to engage with your content, the engagement score is calculated 72 hours after each cast.

A score of 50 is average (on a scale of all Marketo customer campaigns). 45 is below average. However, if you're like me, working with a list of cold leads and trying to engage them, a 45 would be great.  Marketo customers come from all industries, and market to very different groups.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Christine_Libro
Level 3

Engagement Score in Email Programs

I had the same question as you 2 months ago! Grégoire Michel's reply to thread I linked above gave me the best answer.

The score is based on a proprietary algorithm that takes into account engaged behavior (Open, Click, Program Success) and disengaged behavior (Unsubscribe). It's benchmarked against drip and nurture style emails to give an average of 50. To give people a chance to engage with your content, the engagement score is calculated 72 hours after each cast.

A score of 50 is average (on a scale of all Marketo customer campaigns). 45 is below average. However, if you're like me, working with a list of cold leads and trying to engage them, a 45 would be great.  Marketo customers come from all industries, and market to very different groups.

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Nate Deacon​,

Here is a reference from Marketo product docs​ that explains the details on how engagement score is calculated. The engagement score is calculated the same way for email and standard engagement programs.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

Engagement score shows how engaging or effective our content is in the program.It is is based on a proprietary algorithm that takes into account both engaged and disengaged behavior.

-AC

Abhishek Chandra