SOLVED

What data is referenced by the Lead Source constraint on the Lead was Created filter?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What data is referenced by the Lead Source constraint on the Lead was Created filter?

The Lead Source contraint on the Lead was Created filter has a dropdown list with the same values as in the lead record's Source field dropdown list.  However, when I set Lead Source constraint value to "is not empty", no leads are displayed.  I am not using the Date of Activity constraint, so this should be looking at all known leads in the database.  All the expected leads are displayed if I remove the Lead Source constraint form the Lead was Created filter and add the Lead Source filter.

What data is the Lead Source constraint referencing?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What data is referenced by the Lead Source constraint on the Lead was Created filter?

I discovered that the Leads Source constraint on the Lead was Created filter reflects the value in the Lead Source field at the time that the "New Lead" activity is logged.  If the Lead Source is set prior to the New Lead activity being logged (e.g. while an anonymous lead), then it will have a value in the Lead Source, but if the Lead Source is set after the New Lead activity is logged, it will not have a value in the Lead Source.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What data is referenced by the Lead Source constraint on the Lead was Created filter?

Is that different from the Source = "salesforce.com, marketo, etc..." constraint?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - its drop down list has the same value as in the Lead Source field drop down list; whereas the Source has the values you noted.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I discovered that the Leads Source constraint on the Lead was Created filter reflects the value in the Lead Source field at the time that the "New Lead" activity is logged.  If the Lead Source is set prior to the New Lead activity being logged (e.g. while an anonymous lead), then it will have a value in the Lead Source, but if the Lead Source is set after the New Lead activity is logged, it will not have a value in the Lead Source.