SOLVED

What are your top tips?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your top tips?

Hi, I've recently joined the Marketo community and would be interested in any tips from established users. What are your top tips for getting started with Marketo and marketing automation?   

Thanks 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your top tips?

Hi Louise,

I will agree with the others in terms of working through the tutorials to familiarize yourself with processes and terms, and also where you can go to get additional help once you start your deeper dive.

The first thing we did was send out an email to begin tagging our customers/prospects so that we could begin to collect data.

Then we constructed what we called a "nuturing 101" campaign to test and learn from. Then we refined it and it now serves as our primary nurturing program that we segment off of.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise,

Welcome to the amazing world of Marketo. 

This community is packed with literally everything you would ever need to get started as well as ongoing learning.

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoCourses
There are free and paid courses in here as well as recorded and live training. I prefer to view the recorded videos so i can stop and go during my busy day.

Cheers!
Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Mike. First thing to do is start working through the courses that are closest to what you want to accomplish. Make sure to pay special attention to past webinars that might go over some of the features that have changed since the video was released - forms 2.0, email, etc. 

Also, you've stumbled upon probably Marketo's best asset, the community. If there's a question you come across, there are literally thousands of people who are willing to help you out in any way that they can. 

Good luck with everything
Chris
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Louise,

Welcome. There are tons of tips and tricks to getting Marketo going. As Michael notes, there are great tutorials on the University section.

I also share a lot of lessons on Marketingrockstarguides.com which includes setup.

Is there something specific you need help with?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise,

I will agree with the others in terms of working through the tutorials to familiarize yourself with processes and terms, and also where you can go to get additional help once you start your deeper dive.

The first thing we did was send out an email to begin tagging our customers/prospects so that we could begin to collect data.

Then we constructed what we called a "nuturing 101" campaign to test and learn from. Then we refined it and it now serves as our primary nurturing program that we segment off of.

Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your support and great answers!
We are in the process of working through a 4-day online tutorial this week which so far has been very impressive. 
We are also putting some thought into initial programs to run to begin pulling data into Marketo. Seems like we are on the right track!

Thanks again 🙂