What are some examples of Smart Lists for Segmentations, Products and Type?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are some examples of Smart Lists for Segmentations, Products and Type?

Hi All,

Does anyone have sample smart lists they could send me that they have built to focus on market segmentation, product interest/products owned and client/prospect?

Here are few examples of smart lists I am trying to build:
List 1: All clients within a certain segment that own a certain product

List 2: All prospects within a certain segment that have interest in a certain product

List 3: All clients within a certain segment that have an active opportunity for a product

List 4: All clients within a certain segment that have no active opportunity for a product

List 4: All prospects within a certain segment that have an active opportunity for a product

Our lists are highly outdated and I find they are not capturing the correct info. Some issues I am running into are leads (vs. contacts) on client accounts are not being pulled in and contacts and leads not on an opportunity are not being pulled in. We have over 20 products and 5 segments, so I am just trying to figure out the cleanest ways to pull this data.

Any uses cases or resources would be much appreciated!

Lauren

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are some examples of Smart Lists for Segmentations, Products and Type?

Lauren Sandheinrich​ I moved your post to the Products and Support​ section -- since it's more product specific.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Lauren,

You are already most of the way there with your questions. The key is to know what fields you have available and what they do. I would speak with your CRM admin about this to learn more. Each system is totally different so I wouldn't be able to help you more.

A couple of tips:

SFDC Type=Lead, Contact, or IS EMPTY (Marketo only)

Has Opp, only works if the lead is directly connected in SFDC with Contact Role.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks! Since you state that Has Opp, only works if the lead is directoy connected in SFDC with Contact Roles, do you know a good workaround for that to pull in leads and contacts from accounts with opps? The reason why I ask is that in our SFDC, we have a custom field for the contact roles (not my decision ), so when I pull Has Opp lists, I only get about 30 people on the lists and 10 companies. Our database has over 170K leads, so I know we have more opportunities that that in our pipeline.

Lauren

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh Hill​ - Do you have a any feedback for my last comment? Thanks!

Since you state that Has Opp, only works if the lead is directoy connected in SFDC with Contact Roles, do you know a good workaround for that to pull in leads and contacts from accounts with opps? The reason why I ask is that in our SFDC, we have a custom field for the contact roles (not my decision ), so when I pull Has Opp lists, I only get about 30 people on the lists and 10 companies. Our database has over 170K leads, so I know we have more opportunities that that in our pipeline.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Lauren Sandheinrich, you can use a Roll-Up Summary field on the Account object to count the number of Opportunities (if desired, filtered by stage, e.g, separate fields for "Total Opportunities" and "Total Won Opportunities").

This field will synch up to Marketo and any contact associated with that account will have that field, and you can then use it in your smart lists.