Re: webinar recordings - GoToWebinar

Anonymous
Not applicable

webinar recordings - GoToWebinar

Hi,

is there a clever way to send recorded webinars to to attendees and people who missed the webinar?

Also - how would you set up an ondemand webinar based on a recording ?

2 REPLIES 2
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

As far as I'm aware, there's no clever/automatic way to send the webinar recording. What I've done is export the recording (making sure to convert the file outside of GTW's default media format), edit anything that needs to be edited in iMovie, and upload to our Vimeo account. Then I email that Vimeo link to registrants based on their Program Status.

This makes viewing on-demand webinars a bit tricky. I typically set up a "Clicked Link" trigger, but those are inaccurate. The most accurate way to measure would be to use a service like ReadyTalk or ON24 (that hosts the on-demand webinar for you) or a more advanced video player tool (like Vidyard or Brightcove) that can tell you if someone has played a video.

If anyone has any other tips or tricks, I'd love to hear them since we struggle with the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been looking further at it...

for now Wistia seems like the best bet (budget wise anyway) for us

gives me the ability to gate my videos in the following way:

Use Snippets to put different content on pages

Use certain snippet for known leads who are of the type "people we like"

if this group of people come to the page we display the video hosted on Wistia - if not, they need to register by giving name, email etc, and we then validate wether they were a part of the webinar initially, or if they are a person we want to be able to see the webinar...