Webinar offered at 2 different times - any way to vary the iCal token in the confirmation email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webinar offered at 2 different times - any way to vary the iCal token in the confirmation email?

I have a client who usually runs each live webinar at 2 different times/dates so that their invitees can choose which time/date slot is most convenient. E.g., 8am PST Wed and 12pm PST Thurs. I recently figured out how to simplify the setup in Marketo so that we don't have to have separate LPs for each time/date and a duplicate series of confirmation and reminder emails and send campaigns for each date/time. Instead I created a field for Date/Time Choice and use a token with that field in the confirmation & reminder emails. We still need 2 separate webinar programs to link to the event provider but there's nothing in those programs other than the Registration campaign. Everything else (invitations, confirmation and reminders) is in a "shared" folder outside the 2 webinar programs. Yay! So much simpler!

Where I'm stumped is what to do about the "Add to Calendar" link in the confirmation emails. Previously we used an iCal token but I have no way to say use iCal token A if Date/Time field value is X; use iCal Token B if Date/Time field value is Y. (Unless I created a Date/Time segmentation and then offered a different iCal token with dynamic content - but I don't think it makes sense to use Segmentations for temporary groupings like date/time choice for attending a particular event - and am not sure it would work anyway since Segments aren't populated instantaneously).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could, effectively, offer and "Add to Calendar" in an email that varied depending upon the field value of Date/Time Choice?

Or, as I suspect, am I stuck between leaving the "Add to Calendar" out of the confirmation emails or going back to having a duplicate set for each date/time choice?

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Webinar offered at 2 different times - any way to vary the iCal token in the confirmation email?

Yes, you should run the Confirmation email inside each Webinar's Program and have the ICS token in each program.

I understand the desire to reduce work, but using a Program Template will keep this setup fast.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Webinar offered at 2 different times - any way to vary the iCal token in the confirmation email?

Yes, it looks like there's no escaping that. We're going to go back to that but try omitting the add to calendar from the subsequent reminder emails.

(Mgmt often makes last minute changes so the fewer emails that have to be modified and re-tested the better).

Thanks, Josh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Denise Greenberg,

It's not the best, but you can also let the confirmation email come from your webinar provider if you really don't want to have to send the email from the individual programs in Marketo. Gotowebinar includes the add to calendar link in the email.