SOLVED

Webinar Confirmation Email as Calendar Invite

Go to solution
avaroglu
Level 3

Webinar Confirmation Email as Calendar Invite

Hi! I've noticed a few webinars that I've registered for, the confirmation email they send me is actually a calendar invite that I can click confirm and it adds the event to my calendar (rather than having to click a link in a confirmation email to then add the event to my calendar). Does anyone know how this is set up? I would love to try it! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Webinar Confirmation Email as Calendar Invite

This has been discussed before. It's not supported by Marketo because it uses a specially crafted MIME attachment, and Marketo doesn't support attachments.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

This has been discussed before. It's not supported by Marketo because it uses a specially crafted MIME attachment, and Marketo doesn't support attachments.
reetusharmaGrz1
Level 2

Hi @avaroglu 

Please try the solution below; I believe this is what you're asking for.

To set up webinar confirmation emails with a direct calendar invite, you can attach an ICS (iCalendar) file to the email. Here's how to do it in platforms like Marketo:

Use a calendar token, such as {{my.calendarInvite}}, to link the ICS file. If the file is hosted, you can hyperlink text like "Add to Calendar" to the ICS file's URL.

An example of a tokenized link in Marketo would look like this:

<a href="https://your-website.com/path-to-ics-file.ics" target="_blank">Add to Calendar</a>

For more information, visit: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/general/functi...

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

That’s not an attachment. It’s exactly what the OP doesn’t want, because you’re clicking a link to download an ICS file (which of course doesn’t work in all clients anyway).

Please try to read the requirements a bit more carefully.