SOLVED

Webhooks to integrate Zapier & Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Webhooks to integrate Zapier & Marketo?

Has anyone used webhooks to integrate Zapier & Marketo? I'm trying to link Sumome & Marketo using Zapier & webhooks - has anyone done something like this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Webhooks to integrate Zapier & Marketo?

Julia, here and elsewhere, you really need to spell out what you mean by "link."  SumoMe is (essentially) a when-and-where forms placement app, Marketo has a robust forms endpoint.   You can post SumoMe forms to Marketo via Zapier, but IMO it's a waste of time.  That connection doesn't magically mean that a SumoMe form will post the fields necessary to emulate a Marketo form post in its entirety, including lead association.  To get the right fields, you need to customize the form.  At which point there's no reason whatsoever to use Zapier, just do it all in the browser.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Julia, here and elsewhere, you really need to spell out what you mean by "link."  SumoMe is (essentially) a when-and-where forms placement app, Marketo has a robust forms endpoint.   You can post SumoMe forms to Marketo via Zapier, but IMO it's a waste of time.  That connection doesn't magically mean that a SumoMe form will post the fields necessary to emulate a Marketo form post in its entirety, including lead association.  To get the right fields, you need to customize the form.  At which point there's no reason whatsoever to use Zapier, just do it all in the browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford Whiteman​, thanks for responding - you're absolutely right, I was hoping to post SumoMe forms to Marketo via Zapier using webhooks so that form submissions could be processed in real-time to help with conversion rate degradation, but I was way overcomplicating the matter. Will be moving forward with custom form html within SumoMe. Thank you so much for your help!!!