webhook add fields to the response

Anonymous
Not applicable

webhook add fields to the response

hi. i am defining a webhook and trying to add different fields to the response.
The marketo fields is shown in a drop down list but it does not show all the custom fields i added, just a subset of the overall fields.

any idea why? how can i define more fields?
thanks
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: webhook add fields to the response

Adding the SOAP API to the mix would be an option
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L8dHCAS

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the soap solution but i want to do this with webhooks. Is there no way to see all fields? which fields can be used and which not?
thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

For SOAP API you can find all accessible fields through Admin - Field Management - Export Field Names
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amnon,
All custom fields are available for webhooks response mapping.  As Breno suggested, you should export the field names and look for the API names of the custom fields on the right hand side (the Marketo field)
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, now i see the fields. but i didn't before, maybe i missed it.
thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, 

I also seem not to see the custom fields I have added for a Lead, to the Response Mappings dialog. Here's what I do:

1. Field Management, add new string Field with name LeadCustomField. I verify it's added under Lead fields;
2. Define new webhook, set up addresses and payload templates
3. Define Response mappings:
-> Edit -> Add. Name my field that Marketo should expect, and look for LeadCustomField in Marketo Fields dropdown. LeadCustomField is not there.

I tried to export the fields to .xls but I am not sure why this is needed and it really does nothing more that export the fields in excel format...

Are there some other steps that I should take in order to see the custom field in the Response Mapping dialogs?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The export itself does not change the outcome. It is primarily for reassurance the field is readily available and its respective API name.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the field is actually there in the exported file. I can see all my custom fields there, but not in the webhooks response mappings screen..

Is there known issue about it?