SOLVED

Re: Webform "String" field + "checkboxes" field type only displays certain values?

Go to solution
44MattWolf44
Level 3

Webform "String" field + "checkboxes" field type only displays certain values?

Hi all

Having a weird issue, any advice greatly appreciated!

I have a webform in which one of the fields isn't cooperating.

• Field type = String
  • Field type on webform = checkboxes
  • The field only displays 5 of the 9 values I'm telling it to display. I don't believe there is a limit dictated by the CSS/code of the website, dictating # of checkboxes the webform will display. 
  • I've experimented with having the webform display only the 4 values that it typically refuses to display, and even then, it just displays 0 checkboxes
  • The field is a String field, not a multi-select picklist, so it's not like there's only certain values that the field will accept.
  • Also (not sure how relevant this is) but the field only exists in Marketo, not Salesforce or any other integrated system.
  • Here is a link to the page that contains the webform: https://www.gozego.com/company/zego-product-pricing/

Any advice? Thanks so much!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Webform "String" field + "checkboxes" field type only displays certain values?

@44MattWolf44 ,

is this the Zego Pay growth features field? 

Maybe you've got some conditional rules about what to display and you've only loaded the values into the conditional portion.  They also need to be in the main list of available values.

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You need to make sure all the options in your Visibility Rules (2) also exist in the main options (1).

SanfordWhiteman_0-1707440588650.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

The back end datatype makes no difference; the front end has idea/care what the back end will end up accepting.

Marketo vs. Marketo & SFDC makes no difference.

Which field are you referring to?

44MattWolf44
Level 3

This issue is occuring with the field "Select any Zego Pay growth features you're interested in:". The visibility rules dictate that it only populates when "Zego Pay" is selected from the field "Product Interest".

SanfordWhiteman

@44MattWolf44 please return to your thread and check responses.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@44MattWolf44 ,

is this the Zego Pay growth features field? 

Maybe you've got some conditional rules about what to display and you've only loaded the values into the conditional portion.  They also need to be in the main list of available values.

Cheers

Jo

44MattWolf44
Level 3

Hey Jo, I believe they are in the main list of available values, see screenshot below and please lmk if I'm mistaken!

44MattWolf44_0-1707436577318.png

SanfordWhiteman

You need to make sure all the options in your Visibility Rules (2) also exist in the main options (1).

SanfordWhiteman_0-1707440588650.png

44MattWolf44
Level 3

Got it, I understand now! I had to remove the Visibility Rules from the field and make my edits for the field values, then re-add the Visibility Rules.

Thank you both for the help! Very much appreciated.