SOLVED

WebEx vs ON24 vs GoToMeeting

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

WebEx vs ON24 vs GoToMeeting

We're currently WebEx users and have no major issues, but we're looking around to confirm we're still using the best solution. Another Marketo user mentioned they thought ON24 had deeper integration with Marketo.

Has anyone made a switch from WebEx? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Also, what strategies do you use to store and stream Webinar recordings? We'd like to find a solution that centralizes recordings in one place rather than each individual host account.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WebEx vs ON24 vs GoToMeeting

We use On24 and GoToMeeting.

I don't know that the integration with ON24 is deeper, but the ON24 user experince is deeper, especially with their latest release.  The user interface has widgets (selected by the presenting firm) for things like social media, slide deck downloads, supplemental content, video streams, etc. 

They provide more hand-on assitance in terms of creation of landing pages, email notifications, reminders, etc.  As an experienced Marketo user, you may want to have them turn off their messaging and use Marketo for registration pages,  confirmations & reminders.  

One nice thing is that they host the webinar for us for a year, so we don't have to worry about recording and archiving--we just keep using the same link for both the live event and the archived replay.

Not related to On24, but I use Marketo's A/B test capability to create pre-registgration and on-demand landing pages.  That way I can keep the same URL for both live and on-demand regstrations,  build the on-demand page, put it in the same group, and leave it unapproved until after the live event.  When the live event is over, I unapprove the live page, and approve the on-demand.

The downside, ON24 is more expensive, and has an a la carte pricing (at least under our contract).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use On24 and GoToMeeting.

I don't know that the integration with ON24 is deeper, but the ON24 user experince is deeper, especially with their latest release.  The user interface has widgets (selected by the presenting firm) for things like social media, slide deck downloads, supplemental content, video streams, etc. 

They provide more hand-on assitance in terms of creation of landing pages, email notifications, reminders, etc.  As an experienced Marketo user, you may want to have them turn off their messaging and use Marketo for registration pages,  confirmations & reminders.  

One nice thing is that they host the webinar for us for a year, so we don't have to worry about recording and archiving--we just keep using the same link for both the live event and the archived replay.

Not related to On24, but I use Marketo's A/B test capability to create pre-registgration and on-demand landing pages.  That way I can keep the same URL for both live and on-demand regstrations,  build the on-demand page, put it in the same group, and leave it unapproved until after the live event.  When the live event is over, I unapprove the live page, and approve the on-demand.

The downside, ON24 is more expensive, and has an a la carte pricing (at least under our contract).

Hope this helps.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I much prefer GTW over WebEx. I've never used ON24 so I can't say.

GTW has a cleaner interface and a better video recording tool which you can then edit more easily than WebEx.