Webex Campaign Flow for "Invited" Second Email Difficulties

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webex Campaign Flow for "Invited" Second Email Difficulties

We're having difficulty in that our second invite email did not send out as predicted.

So we have an event program with a smart campaign.  It pulls from a smart list.  The flow is 1. Send Email #1, 2. Change program status to invited if email was delivered, 3. wait 6 days, 4. send an email to those with program status of invited.

However, it didn't send the second email.  It shows up on the Results tab, but it reads that it skipped all the leads.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Webex Campaign Flow for "Invited" Second Email Difficulties

Hey Josh,

Can you post a screenshot of your flow steps? My guess is that because you changed the status within the Flow Steps and then referenced that change in the same Flow Steps, the request is not being acknowledged. The Flow Was built for the original smart list where there was no one with a status of Invited.

That make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually not sure what you mean.  I'm not sure if the request you mention that might not be acknowledged is the status change or the second email send.  Here's a screenshot.  Thanks!

0EM50000000RZ2e.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you look at the members tab to see if any of the leads are actually marked as Invited?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked on the members tab of the event program and it only shows those who registered.  I figure they should be showing up, but I'm not sure why they're not.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Josh,

I think you have too much in one Flow. You are referencing a certain smart list of folks. When they qualified for the campaign, they had not been delivered the invite, so segmenting your list to change their status wouldn't work I would imagine. Especially because when you send emails, the system will see that behavior right away, but it could take a while to deliver it. By the time it is delivered, the Lead has continued to move through the flow where nothing would happen to them in Step 2, they would wait 6 days, and then nothing would happen to them in Step 4.

I would manually change the status this time around for everyone who was delivered an email, but moving forward, I would break this up into multiple smart campaigns. You might be able to get away with Steps 2-4 within one Flow, but I would recommend making Step 1 it's own smart campaign.
Frank_Elley
Level 3

Josh ... Would it be just as simple to move the wait to step 2? That provides plenty of time for email delivery. It seems appealing to have all this event-related workflow in one place for reference. And the Results tab would give you a better rolled-up view of the progression of individual members. Maybe one of those "six of one, half dozen of the other" scenarios.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help! 

Jeff - That makes sense.  We actually did another campaign that did used "Sent email" instead of "Delievered Email" and it worked. So I think you're right that it just needs a delay so it doesn't keep progressing through the flow.

Frank - I was thinking the same thing.  But I wouldn't know when the email would be sent (as far as time of the day), and I want them to go out during the business hours.

What I ended up doing (and I'll do in the future) was I'll have flow steps 1, 3, & 4 (so took out the program status change).  But the condition for #4 will be pulling from a smartlist that I created that gets all the leads who a) were delivered the email, and b) are not part of the campaign yet.  This will avoid the invited status all together, which is more benefitial to me since I can then sync it to a campaign in SF without all the thousands of invited people.

Thanks again for everyone's help!